Safety Tips

 

All accidents due to fireworks occur as a result of carelessness, negligence and ignorance. But these can certainly be avoided by observing some very simple precautions. All of us enjoy the pleasure of light and sound but when disaster strikes the injured has to bear the cross. If you're going to set off fireworks at home this year, please take a few minutes to read through the guidelines.

 

Store your fireworks safely : In a closed box, somewhere cool and dry, out of reach of children and animals and away from all sources of heat, until the time they're needed. Locked away is best. Don't keep the box under the stairs or in a passageway.


Pets hate bangs and flashes : Pets get very frightened on fireworks night, so keep all your pets indoor and close all the curtains to make things calmer. Remember it's not just your own fireworks that cause distress, so you may have to have your pets indoors on several nights when other displays are taking place.


Think ahead and be prepared : Have a full bucket of water handy for any emergency, and for putting used sparklers into. Never try to re-ignite the fireworks that don't light in the first instance. Never give ANY firework item to small children. Never throw fireworks at another person. Never carry fireworks in your pocket. Never shoot fireworks from metal or glass containers. Never experiment, modify, or attempt to make your own fireworks. Never use a sparkler in the middle of a large crowd. Try to light the fireworks & crackers biggest open space and safest surroundings.


Watch what you wear : Loose clothing can very easily catch fire, and should not be worn near any fire or fireworks. Long dankly scarves can be risky too. If anyone's clothing does catch fire, follow the rule: Stop - Don't run. Drop to the ground. Roll to put out the flames.

 

Dos & Don'ts While Bursting Crackers :

Keep the fireworks to be used at a safer place. Use fireworks only outdoor.
Buy fireworks of authorized/reputed manufacturers only.
Light only one firework at a time, by one person. Others should watch from a safe distance.
Hand held sparklers burn at 1800 degrees Fahrenheit, that's almost hot enough to melt gold, and they stay hot long after the spark has gone out.
Always use a long candle/agar bathi, for igniting fire crackers and keep elbow joint straight to increase the distance between the body and the crackers.
Keep two buckets of water handy. In the event of fire, extinguish flame by pouring water from the buckets. Every major fire is small when it starts. In case of burns, pour large quantity of water on the burnt area.
In case of major burns, after extinguishing the fire, remove all smoldering clothes. Wrap the victim in a clean bed sheet. The patient should be taken to a burns specialist or a major hospital. Don't panicky.
In case of eye burns, wash the eye with tap water for 10 minutes and take the victim to a hospital.

safe1

 

safe2

 

ALL MISHAPS DUE TO FIREWORKS OCCUR AS A RESULT OF CARELESSNESS, NEGLIGENCE AND IGNORANCE. SIMPLE PRECAUTIONS CAN HELP AVOID THESE MISHAPS.